Get paid a minimum of Rs 191 per day for a maximum of 100 days as of 2021 under the MGNREGA scheme in a year. The maximum payment is Rs 291 per day under the MNREGA Government scheme in 2021. MGNREGA MIS system is responsible for communicating information related to Job Card List, Job Card Download, Increase in wage per day for all states, and any other relevant information. Know MGNREGA MIS role in disseminating the latest information in 2022 and the level of transparency maintained.
Table of Contents
What is MGNREGA?
MGNREGA stands for Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act which is a government scheme. Under this scheme at least 100 days of guaranteed wage employment is provided to every rural household whose adult members volunteer to do unskilled manual work in a financial year. These schemes are for BPL (Below Poverty Line) and APL (Above Poverty Line) population of rural India. As of today, MGNREGA Act is operational in 714 Districts, 7138 Blocks, and 2,69,352 Gram Panchayats. 15.96 Crore Job cards are issued to date with 30.3 crore workers.
Objectives of MGNREGA are:
- Create livelihood for the rural population of India and help them earn income
- Promote financial and social inclusion by offering unskilled work to adult members of rural family
- Ensuring a minimum standard of living for the rural population
- Protecting the environment while empowering rural women
- Reducing rural-urban migration
Is NREGA or MGNERGA or MNREGA one and the same?
MNREGA full form is = Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act
NREGA full form is = National Rural Employment Guarantee Act
Yes, MGNREGA or MREGA, or NREGA are all one and the same. On 2nd October 2009, an amendment was made in the National Rural Employment Guarantee Act 2005, to change the name of the Act from NREGA to MGNREGA. Section 1 (1) was amended by renaming the National Rural Employment Guarantee Act with the words the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act.
Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act has MIS (Management of Information System) to collect, process, store, and produce information systems. A web-based MIS www.nrega.nic.in and https://nrega.nic.in/netnrega/HomeGP.aspx makes data available in the public domain. MGNREGA Soft MIS developed for MNREGA is a workflow-based system. The portal provides single-point access to all stakeholders of MGNREGA. This makes data transparent and available in the public domain to be equally accessed by all.
It provides linkages with the household survey known as BPL survey 2002 which captured information about each person and family in the rural area and provide a unique ID to them. So, rather than starting from scratch, the software is built on a household survey. Data entered for any activity cross-checks or freezes for the previous activity. Proper checks have been introduced to validate the data entered and stop the wrong entries.
All critical parameters get monitored in the public domain:
- Workers’ entitlement data and documents such as registration, job cards, muster roll details.
- Work selection and execution data including, a shelf of approved and sanctioned works, work estimates, works under execution, measurement.
- Employment demanded and jobs provided till date.
- Financial indicators such as funds available, funds used, and the disaggregated structure of fund utilizations to assess the amount paid as wages, materials, and administrative expenses are tracked.
Since the MGNREGA MIS puts all critical data on the web and this data is software engineered, it has significant advantages in terms of transparency because it allows cross verification of records and generation of reports on any parameter of the Act.
MGNREGA MIS provided solutions for the below issues
- For validating the persons on the job card, loose coupling is provided with the Rural Household Survey BPL Census 2002.
- Expenditure cannot be made unless the funds are available with the authority.
- The work can be allocated to a person for a period if he has made a demand in the same period. It will appear on the muster roll if he/she has been allocated the work within the period of the muster roll and his family has not completed 100 days. The job cards and the muster roll are tightly linked which means that every entry in the muster roll will have a corresponding entry in the measurement book as well.
Vision and objective of MGNREGA SOFT MIS
- It envisions implementing e-Governance across the State, District, and three tiers of Panchayati Raj Institutions.
- It empowers the common man using information technology as a facilitator.
- It provides information to citizens in compliance with the right to information Act (RTI Act).
- It makes available all the documents which are hidden from the public otherwise.
- Facilitate faster information exchange between the various stakeholders through the network.
Modules of NREGASOFT MIS
- Worker Management Module
The software captures registration, demand for work, work allocation, and muster rolls on which a person has worked. The software has the provision of payment of wages through bank or post office as it captures the bank or post office account number, bank or post office name, branch name for all the people who demanded job. A person’s account number is shown in muster roll against their name. It facilitates the calculation of unemployment allowance if any and, also keeps a track of the number of days of employment of a family.
- Fund management module
It captures the funds transferred from the Ministry of Research & Development or States to Districts and then to Programme officers or Panchayats. It also captures expenditure incurred by various implementing agencies on labor, material, and contingency. Hence it keeps track of each and every rupee spent under the scheme.
- Works management module
Captures information about the various works undertaken under the scheme at various levels like GP (Gram Panchayats). It facilitates online approval of projects and keeps track of the time taken for approval of projects. Each project is provided a unique ID and the status of work is maintained in the system.
- Labor budget
Involves planning and preparing the labor budget for each gram panchayats. The module is so designed that it enables each Gram Panchayats to upload its labor budget which gets consolidated at every level from the block up to the state level. It captures the details of the job to be taken up in the next financial year along with the estimation of the household demanding the jobs and the person-days. The module is so designed that it is can trickle down from state to the level of the gram panchayats for better monitoring.
- Social audit
It assists gram panchayats in the MGNREGA implementation process. Tracking of 100 days of employment to a household is part of this audit. It helps to generate documents as per MGNREGA guidelines. Involves tracking of funds from the ministry to the worker and provides the status of available funds in accounts of panchayats or blocks or districts. It also provides details of unfulfilled demand, jobs which can be taken up and the unemployment allowance to be paid.
- Worker’s module
It is people’s information system. It allows the job cardholder to access their information and demand for the job. It helps in downloading their job card, checking the job card list, etc.
- Grievance redressal
The system allows a worker or a citizen to lodge a complaint and trace the subsequent response.
- Staff positioning
The module captures names, telephone numbers, etc. of all the officials, planning, and implementing agencies from gram panchayats to the ministry of rural development involved in NREGA for strengthening communication and coordination among them.
- Cost estimation module
It gives detailed estimation for the jobs taken up under MNREGA like construction of the tank, well, sluice Gate, earthen road, cement concrete road, etc. This module calculates the quantity of work to be done, calculates per unit rate as per schedule of rates (SOR) for each sub-activity of work. This further helps engineers to fill the measurement book and calculate wage per day for a particular muster roll.
The software gives alerts to implementing agencies about the various irregularities, important activities, and messages for funds to be received by the agencies.
- Knowledge network or Solution exchange
It provides a common platform for all stakeholders to exchange their views. To pose queries to other stakeholders or experts and get responses, and exhibit their best practices.
Benefits of MGNREGA MIS
E-Governance for Masses
MGNREGA MIS helps in the automation and computerization of all MNREGA activities. All information is available for public access. Accuracy is ensured in the payment of wages to workers. Lodging of complaints is made easier through Grievance Redressal System. Facilitation of social audit improved transparency.
Assists Gram Panchayats in NREGA Implementation
Tracking of 100 days of employment to a household is possible due to MGNREGA MIS. It helps to generate documents as per MNREGA guidelines. Tracking of funds from the Ministry to the worker is possible. It also helps to provide the status of available funds in accounts of panchayats or blocks or districts. It provides details of unfulfilled demand, works which can be taken up and the unemployment allowance to be paid.
Assists Programme Officers and Administrators
Provides strong analysis about program implementation like Locations with number of registrations, total demand for work, the total allocation of work, number of ongoing workers, etc. Funds transferred, availability of funds at each level, and expenditure on work is made known. It also generates a Monthly Progress Report (MPR) at gram panchayats/block/ district and state level.
MIS Utilizes Information Technology to Meet Challenges
NREGAsoft is available in both online and offline modes to meet connectivity barriers. It is Unicode enabled and supports all local languages overcoming the language barrier. Software is available in both Microsoft technologies as well as open-source technologies.
Features of MGNREGA MIS Software
Below are the features of this software:
- It provides local language support
- It is available in online as well as offline mode. Both versions work in asynchronous mode.
- The offline version is available on Microsoft technologies as well as on open-source technologies.
- The online version is available in Microsoft technologies but can be accessed from any browser (example: Microsoft Internet Explorer, Netscape, and Mozilla).
- Very near to actual processes on the ground of MGNREGA
- Inbuilt checks to take care of bogus entries.
Download the MGNREGA (NREGA) Job card list for all states (2022)
Click the Below State links and then fill in the details below to view the Job card list and download the Job card online for 2022:
- Financial Year – Select from the dropdown the latest year – 2021-2022 for now
- District – Select your district in the state
- Block – Once you have selected the district automatically the corresponding Blocks will appear in the dropdown, so select your respective Block.
- Panchayat – Now finally select your Panchayat based on the District and Block.
- Then click on Proceed as shown below as an example
6. Click at the Job card link highlighted in yellow to download your job card as shown below
7. Below is how the Job card will open which needs to be saved as save as an option on your computer.
Currently, MGNREGA has increased the per day wage rate for all states except Kerela which stood at the highest wage rate of Rs 291 per day in 2021. The highest % increase was 11% for Meghalaya state.
What are your thoughts on MGNREGA MIS?