Dogs are favorite trending pets mostly due to their loyalty and the way they show their love to their owners. Pets require care be it dogs, cats, tortoises, cows,s, etc. With pets comes the responsibility. Dogs are most vulnerable to diseases owning on their eating habits. If you are a dog lover, you surely know what it means to take care of a dog. You need to take care of them like a baby, and yes money, efforts, and time are just prerequisites expected out of you. Situations are best teachers; thus, every dog owner surely knows the dog medicines to treat some of the common diseases.
Table of Contents
Low-cost dog treatment:
It makes sense to rush to a vet with serious problems. Minor or well-known dog diseases can be treated by yourself. Why spend huge on vet consultation fees? Know the symptoms, understand the diseases and get the medicine to start your dog’s treatment early. Save huge on the way and keep your dog expenses within budget.
Dogs are prone to deadly diseases. While some of them can be easily treated but others may prove fatal. Let us discuss some of the common dog diseases, their symptoms and how to treat them, names of dog medicines as well as their dosage.
|Famotidine – usual dose is 0.5 to 1 mg in 24 hours.|
|Lack of strength, laziness, inactive. For better growth and strong bones, Support the skeletal system. For pregnant dogs, dogs having fractures, for all stages of dogs||
|Sky Ec Skycal et Multivitamin Syrup 200ML contains Calcium and Phosphorus supplements with Vitamins A, D3, and B12.
|Itching, red pimples, or bumps on your pet’s groin, belly, under the legs, or at the base of their tail may be a sign that your pet has fleas or ticks||
Ticks and flea
|All4Pet Fiprotic Spot-On 0-10 0.67 ML.
|All4Pets Diabecip Pet Syrup Perfect Companion in Diabetes for dogs and cats -200ML.
|Wiggles Denominator Deformer Tablet for Dogs & Puppies- 1 tablet per 10 Kg body weight should be given to the pet.
Feed directly or mix with a small amount of food and watch your pet regain their appetite, use monthly for puppies between 3-6 months of age.
|Stomach upset, weight loss, the feces is soft to watery greenish in color and contains blood and vomiting||
|Metronidazole – 15 to 20 mg in 24 hours for 5 to 7 days.|
The above-mentioned dog diseases, their symptoms, and dog medicines are immensely helpful. Remember the names of the above-mentioned dog medicines, and just start the medicines, in case you find such symptoms in your dogs. The early medication goes a long way in treating the disease early, thus saving on doctor’s consultation costs as well as time spent on searching for a vet.
However, if your dog is seriously ill, then stop the guesswork and rush to a vet as soon as possible. As every second gone may drag your dog closer to a death bell. Below are some of the deadly dog diseases which need immediate medication and the vet’s attention.
Deadly dog diseases and dog medicines:
- Parvo virus
Parvovirus is one of the deadly diseases attacking a dog’s intestines. The survival depends upon the immunity system of your dog and medication. In this disease, the dog starts vomiting along with diarrhea passing blood in both. The dog will lose his appetite, and anything that he eats will not get digested. Parvovirus is a highly contagious disease spread by non-vaccinated dogs or contaminated by their feces. Your dog’s feces if contains blood will be tested for parvo virus and if the test confirms positive then the vet will start injecting liquid fluid through a syringe. Your dog will not be able to have food, or water through the mouth because of continuous vomit and diarrhea. Avoid oral food as long as your vet says, and continue the medication. This virus takes 5 to 7 days to cure with proper dog medicines as suggested by your vet. During this time love and care are the only support system for your dog who will be extremely inactive. If your dog stops vomiting or passing stool with blood or becomes a bit active again then rest assured, recovery has started. Continue the prescribed medications, and slowly introduce recovery food to him. Preventive measures involve taking vaccines for this virus proactively.
- Canine distemper
If your dog suddenly starts vomiting, diarrhea, swelled or thickened nose and footpads, fever, or paralysis are early symptoms. It is a fatal disease spread through animals who carry this paramyxovirus virus, through contacts, no vaccinations, bowels, respiration, etc. It is a highly contagious airborne disease. Taking to a vet is the right decision, it requires medication and constant care. Take suggested dog medicines as prescribed by your vet. Preventive measure is to take vaccines to avoid distemper.
This spreads amongst dogs through contamination. Symptoms involve diarrhea with blood. The stool is mostly orange in color. It may prove fatal if dehydration continues. Vaccination is the best preventive measure. If infected with coronavirus continue the dog medicines as suggested by your vet.
It spreads through saliva and is highly contagious spreading through carriers in various forms. It is a highly fatal disease causing the immediate death of dogs. Loss of appetite, paralysis, behavioral change, irritation, anxiety, are a few symptoms. It directly impacts the dog’s brain and nervous system. Thus, vaccination is a preventive measure. Dog medicines will help but the treatment is slow.
It is a type of cancer found in dogs. Weight loss, vomiting, diarrhea, breathing issues are some of the symptoms. The real cause is still under investigation however chemotherapy is the only suggested cure. It is painful for dogs. Dog medicines might not be of much help here.
Dog medicines and Dog medical stores nearby:
It’s easier to find dog medicines now. Medical apps for dog medicines are available online, it’s easier to order dog medicines that too at discounted prices. Moreover f you need a vet’s consultation then there are apps that provide online pet consultation at nominal cost. However, even if you search vet’s clinic, then google maps will direct you to the vet’s place with ease. The two most commonly used apps to order dog medicines online are Tata 1 mg app and petshopindia.com. Save huge on them and get the delivery of dog medicines at your doorstep.
How to save on pet maintenance costs?
Keeping any pet is an expensive affair. It involves recurring costs including pet medicines (meds), vaccines, regular checkups, hygiene products, grooming services, quality food, toys and other stuff. However, keeping the below things in mind will help you save huge on your pet’s maintenance cost.
- Avoid vet for routine medication– Prefer purchasing and stocking medicines for common diseases or usual routine medicines like deworming etc. This would save you huge on vet’s consultation charges.
- Order medicines online – A lot of apps are available which offer medicines at half the actual price. Install the apps, place the order online, and let the medicines be delivered at your doorstep within a day or two.
- Buy pet insurance – Pet insurance is a must if you own a pet. Taking up the yearly insurance with a premium as low as Rs 3000 – Rs 5000 yearly would end up saving you huge in the long run. The insurance covers all the pre and post-medical expenses of pets in case of any treatment of disease.
- Invest in quality food – Spend more on providing quality and nutritious food to your pets. If your pet is healthy, it will have better immunity to withstand any deadly disease. Better be careful than regret.
- Maintain hygiene – Pet’s are highly vulnerable to contagious diseases which mostly occur due to poor hygiene conditions. Keep the surrounding areas and pet’s area neat and clean to avoid contamination. Avoid pets mingling with non-vaccinated animals.
Follow the above tips to save huge recurring pet expenses.
Dog UTI treatment over the counter
- Increase Water Intake:
- Encourage your dog to drink more water to help flush out the urinary system. This can help dilute the urine and reduce the concentration of bacteria.
- Cranberry Supplements:
- Some pet owners use cranberry supplements as they may help create an environment in the urinary tract that is less favorable to bacteria. However, it’s essential to use supplements specifically designed for dogs, and you should consult your vet before administering any.
- Maintain Cleanliness:
- Ensure that your dog’s living environment is clean. Regularly clean your dog’s bedding, and keep the genital area clean to prevent the spread of bacteria.
- Frequent Potty Breaks:
- Take your dog out for more frequent bathroom breaks to prevent the accumulation of bacteria in the urinary tract.
It’s important to note that these measures are not a substitute for professional veterinary care. UTIs in dogs often require antibiotic treatment prescribed by a veterinarian after a proper diagnosis. If your dog is displaying symptoms of a UTI, such as frequent urination, straining to urinate, blood in urine, or changes in behavior, it’s essential to seek veterinary advice promptly.
low cost pet insurance
The cost of pet insurance can vary based on factors such as the type of coverage, the pet’s age, breed, location, and the insurance provider’s policies. I can provide an estimate of the average costs and suggest some options for low-cost pet insurance, but please note that these are approximate figures and can vary significantly.
- Dogs: On average, pet insurance for dogs can range from $30 to $50 per month for basic coverage. Comprehensive plans with higher coverage can cost $50 to $100 or more per month.
- Cats: Pet insurance for cats tends to be slightly cheaper. Basic coverage might start at around $15 to $25 per month, while comprehensive plans can range from $25 to $60 or more per month.
Low-Cost Pet Insurance Providers:
Several insurance companies offer various coverage options at competitive prices. Some options for potentially low-cost pet insurance providers include:
- Offers customizable plans and a Wellness Rewards program that reimburses for routine care.
- Estimated premiums: Varies based on coverage but can start around $13 to $30 per month.
- Healthy Paws
- Known for comprehensive coverage without caps on payouts.
- Estimated premiums: Roughly $15 to $50 per month, depending on the coverage and deductible chosen.
- Offers plans with different coverage options and add-ons.
- Estimated premiums: Around $16 to $30 per month for basic coverage.
- Provides comprehensive coverage with a variety of plan options.
- Estimated premiums: Typically start around $15 to $30 per month.
- Offers various plans including wellness coverage.
- Estimated premiums: Varies widely based on coverage, starting around $30 to $50 per month.
Always remember that the actual premium can vary based on factors specific to your pet and the coverage you select. It’s advisable to obtain quotes directly from the insurance companies after providing details about your pet’s age, breed, and any pre-existing conditions. Additionally, read the policy details carefully to understand the coverage, exclusions, deductibles, and reimbursement procedures.
The Animal Health Market size is estimated to be at $ 99 Billion by 2028 at 8.5% CAGR.
Which dog medicines do you prefer?